NEW The Brown County Health Department can now issue all birth certificates filed in the state of ohio.
The Brown County Health Department maintains birth and death records for Brown County dating from 1908 - present.
Birth and Death Records Information
The Brown County Health Department maintains birth and death records from 1909 through the present. If you would like to get a copy of a record that is prior to 1909 you should contact Brown County Probate Court at 937-378-6549. We can issue birth certificates for anyone born in Ohio, however, we can only issue death certificates if the death occured in Brown County. You can request a copy of these records one of three ways:
1. Come to the office and apply in person, this process only takes approximately five minutes and you will receive your record at that time. The office is located at:
826 Mt. Orab Pike
Georgetown, OH 45121
(directly across the street from the Georgetown Fire Department, in a red brick building with light grey shingles.)
2. Apply for the record by mail, to do this you must include the following:
- Written request for the type of record you need, you may also complete a Vital Statistics Application
- The name of the individual listed on the record
- Date of Birth or Date of Death
- Self addressed stamped envelope of where you would like the record mailed to
- Please sign the request and provide a phone number you can be contacted at
- A money order for the total due (we do not accept personal checks in the mail, must be a money order,
business check or cashiers check)
This process takes mail time only, the record typically goes back out in the mail the next day.
3. Order Birth Certificates online at http://www.vitalchek.com/agency_info.aspx?t=birth&p=11957&s=loc
Order Death Certificates online at http://www.vitalchek.com/agency_info.aspx?t=death&p=11957&s=loc
The fee for a vital record is $25.00 for each certified record requested.
Please Note: Fee are subject to change without notice.
Our mailing address is:
Brown County Health Department
826 Mt. Orab Pike
Georgetown Ohio 45121
Please make money orders out to: Brown County Health Department
You can reach us by phone at: (937) 378-6892
Toll free: 866-867-6892
Fax: (937) 378-4301